Planning on partying with us? Here's how to have a great time...
#1 is probably parking, but please read these others first. These are even more important:
- Can we bring lawn chairs or blankets?
- Is it BYOB? Can I bring my own food?
- Can I bring a cooler?
- How should I dress?
- Will there be an area for dancing?
- Will there be vendors and other stuff to buy?
- What's the parking situation?
- Is there a hotel that you can recommend?
- Is it handicapped accessible?
- Are masks required? What kind of COVID protocols are in place?
1) DEPENDS ON VENUE. Please bring a chair to Stubb's - there is no seating otherwise. But do not bring chairs to Central Machine Works - there is plenty of picnic table seating there already and you won't need it. GiddyUps has a small indoor space where the bands will be playing, but you can also sit outside and hear the music, so it wouldn't hurt to bring a chair.
Central Machine Works has a large parking lot - enter off of 5th street. And there is paid parking across 5th and street parking all long 5th street.
GiddyUps has a large parking lot on site, but we do recommend ridesharing or carpooling if possible.
Stubb's Waller Creek Amphitheater is located in downtown Austin, with plenty of paid parking within a couple of blocks of the venue either on the street, in garages or in lots. Prepare for traffic and parking as you would for Fan Fair in San Antonio. Here's a map with some of the paid parking lots shown noted:
8) HOTEL - We will be in 3 different areas of Austin. Hotels we've recommended before include the Red Roof Inn Plus on I-35 near Stassney, the La Quinta at Ben White/Hwy 71 and Riverside, and any Holiday Inn. We travel all over Texas and Holiday Inns have never let us down. Always excellent accommodations and never a gamble.
9) YES, all venues are easily accessible to those in wheelchairs or with walkers. Our founder is disabled himself, so this is very important to us. Please be sure to bring a chair to Stubbs or GiddyUps if needed. There is plenty of easily accessed seating at Central Machine Works.
10) Masks are not required. Central Machine works and Stubbs are outside, but we are using the indoor stage at Stubbs and GiddyUps is a little honkytonk where the band will be playing indoors. We recommend wearing a mask indoors, but it's not required. Vaccinations are also encouraged, but not required. Please take whatever precautions you feel comfortable with and understand there is an inherent risk of being around a large group of people. The venues have a lot of room, so there will be plenty of room to socially distance outside.
If you have any more questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.